Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sleep Deprivation and Perspicacity

Last night we worked a middle leg of the relay race....checking runner's numbers and times, directing traffic, crowd control, and making sure everyone was well hydrated. I got the chance to do some bonding with my direct supervisor and some City Year alumni. Over the course of the last day and a half my team and i did a total of 20 hours of volunteer work for the Reach The Beach relay race (not including 7 hours of travel time). Have only slept about 4 hours each night because the shifts started really early. By the time we got back last night i was so ill and tired that all i could do was fall asleep for about 15 hours (with a few trips to the bathroom). I am getting over a stomach bug a few of us caught friday up at the starting line in Cannon Mountain where we checked in 365 teams of runners for the 200 mile trek.

I talked to some locals and learned that cannon mountain was one of the best resorts in NH....kinda disappointing, so I don't think ill be doing much (if any) snowboarding up here. Beautiful rolling hills though. I'll have to get in a few days when i come back for Christmas.

Tomorrow we head to our Basic Traing Retreat at summercamp lake about 2 hours away from Stratham. In addition to helping the camp directors close the camp up for the season, we will be finding out what teams we have been placed on (we filled out preference sheets a few days ago) and doing some team building activities (ropes courses and such). We will be up there for 3 days and 2 nights.

So today was our only off day for this week. I have been layin low, reading, and sleeping. I have to get some laundry done for camp and maybe a little food shopping if i can get motivated. I have a feeling that sundays will be when i get the majority of my sleep for the week.....

No comments: