Sunday, October 5, 2008

Garfield Ridge



Mount Lafeyette


Briana and her puppy Griffin and Jessica in red



A group of us (4 corp members and 4 senior corp) went hiking yesterday. My first New Hampshire 4000ft mountain -- Garfield Ridge. Couldn't tell if it was snowing at the top or if the misty rain was just freezing and falling to the ground. Needless to say...it was bitter cold. It was a great hike and a beautiful day. All the trees have turned bright red. Wish i had some better pictures of the leaves, but I broke my digi-camera before the sun really came out. Luckily, i was able to get these pictures off of the broken mass. I hope i can make it back to this area in the winter for some snowshoeing.

So my hunches turned out to be true. This week, two of our members quit City Year. One of them was on my team. So now we are down to 4 corp members and our fearless leader. We still have enough people to be a strong presence in every grade of the middleschool, but now one less mind and body to help plan and implement our programs. He never seemed very committed to City Year from the beginning, so maybe this is actually a blessing in disguise --- before it gets any later into the year.

I cancelled my old T-Mobile service. My new (free!!) service is 603-233-6969.

Miss you all.

1 comment:

sam said...

dooooOOD

thats spectacular.

bummer on yo fone... happens to the best of us. keep yo chin up. are east coasters a different breed of people? i think they're weird.

miss you lotz