Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back Home...Back East

Home Comfort and Joy
It was soooo nice to be back home. To spend time with all the people I have been thinking about for the last few months is just what I needed. Making an effort to stay connected with everyone while I am out here is essential. If you are reading this, you are probably one of those amazing people.....so if I start falling behind with you, give me a call sometime - you are always present in my mind.

First week back was strange. Being separated once again from all my loved ones is the hardest part of it all - this week and City Year in New Hampshire. Finally getting back in school and working with the eighth grade students helped alleviate the pain. I took on a team leadership position with the Manchester Young Heroes and went to their overnight training academy on Friday and Saturday. The kids in Manchester are a refreshing change from my students. We ran some service related workshops, played a lot of dodgeball, ghost stories (the YWMA we stayed at is haunted), boardgames, and I even taught a few kids how to devil stick. Didn't sleep much - but thats what sundays are for right?

No comments: